LUMO Community Wildlife Sanctuary welcomes you
We, The Community of Lumo, have set aside our land to conserve our heritage.
We are privileged to be able to offer YOU, our guests, access to our neighboring Sanctuary, Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary. Please respect the following rules in both
- DO NOT DRIVE OFF ROAD unless you have received the explicit approval of authorised staff from the Sanctuary. Off- road driving is detrimental to the vegetation, alters drainage patterns and results in soil compaction and erosion.
- DO NOT CROWD the WILDLIFE or HUSTLE OTHER DRIVERS in order to get a better a view. Please be patient
- DO NOT EXCEED THE SPEED LIMIT of 40 KPH.
- DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE
In an emergency please use the numbers below.
- DO NOT ENCOURAGE YOUR DRIVER TO BREAK THESE RULES. If caught he will be banned from the Sanctuary, which will not only spoil your enjoyment, but may lose him his job.
- DO NOT DISTURB WILDIFE. Harassed wildlife will avoid human contact or even become dangerous. DO NOT CHASE ANIMALS and keep noise to a minimum
- UNAUTHORISED PICNICS, open vehicles, domestic animals, loud music are banned.
If you break these rules, we will, in the interest of the wellbeing of both Sanctuaries, withdraw your right to enjoy them. Please note that entry into the Sanctuary is at your own risk. Please return this permit at the exit gate when you leave.
Emergency Numbers 0202688580 0707674899